As we are all aware the information regarding COVID 19 is changing rapidly. LAVic has provided information in recent days and in a statement sent out to athletes and families today (18 March 2020) the Knox Little Athletics Executive Committee confirmed the following:
1) Championship Day that was scheduled for Saturday 28th March is postponed – We will look at trying to run this event later in the year which will be communicated once we get approval from LA Vic. (Those who have already registered will be refunded)
2) Knox Awards & Trophy Presentation Day is postponed – We will look to reschedule, and a new date will be communicated as soon as possible.
3) All Centre coaching is cancelled until further notice. This includes any individual or group coaching held at the track. Concerned athletes can contact their coaches directly and ask for them to write up a training program so they can train on their own.
4) Centre & affiliated club meetings such as AGM’s & presentations days are cancelled until further notice. All Centre and Club Executive positions will remain the same until we get approval from LA Vic.
5) All Cross-Country races that were due to start in April will be postponed until further notice.
6) Any parent that registered their child after January 31st 2020, can contact LA Vic for a refund.
Wantirna AGM and Presentation Night Postponed
In light of the above, the Wantirna LAC AGM and Presentation night set for the 19th April is postponed until further notice.
The current Wantirna LAC committee potions will remain in place until advised by LAVic and Knox LAC Executive in accordance with the above.
Our club committee has been working hard in the back ground towards holding our AGM via an online platform if needed. We will advise club members accordingly when we can conduct an AGM and whether this will need to be online or not. Please keep update with information on the Knox LAC Website and Wantirna Pages as needed.
Awards and Trophies
The formal presentation of Wantirna LAC awards and trophies will therefore not take place. We will however announce the winners of the awards in due course and will endeavour to get trophies and awards to athletes at a later date.
The health & safety of our athletes and families is the number one priority and the club encourages you all to continue following the advice of DHHS on hygiene and safety practices and to remain informed on the latest details at www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
If anyone has any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
David Kearsley | Wantirna LAC President