Wantirna Little Athletics Club was formed in 1968 and is one of the 8 clubs affiliated with the Knox Little Athletics Centre.
Our membership of athletes and their families mostly come from our affiliated local schools in Wantirna and Wantirna South. However, you do not need to be associated with these schools to join Wantirna LAC.
All athletes are welcome at Wantirna LAC.
Our Club Mission
From our founding in 1968, Wantirna Little Athletic Club has believed in family, fun and fitness. With this ethos, it is the mission of Wantirna LAC to encourage and facilitate all participants to realise opportunities for participation, physical fitness, health and wellbeing through Athletics
By valuing our heritage, and in doing so we commit ourselves to athletic achievement and the on-going enhancement of the traditions of Wantirna Little Athletics, including leadership, individual and team achievement, pride and loyalty.
Principles That Guide Us
- Encouraging our athletes to capture all the joy, power and extraordinary personal growth that comes to those who compete and support athletic excellence.
- Recognising and valuing each individual’s unique characteristics and abilities.
- Respecting, honouring and responding to the needs of our athletes, families, and members of our larger athletics community.
- Committing ourselves to the personal development and wellbeing of our athletes and families.
- Those who participate at all levels will learn the benefits of teamwork, discipline, goal setting, physical fitness, healthy lifestyles, character development, self-confidence, and sportsmanship.
After more information?
Along with the website, our Facebook page will also provide information and updates.
The Wantirna Wire, our fortnightly newsletter will be emailed to parents and guardians during the track and field season.
You also might like to:
- See the Knox Little Athletics Centre website.
- Contact us.
- Visit us during regular meets in the grandstand at Knox Park Athletic Centre.