Hello everyone and welcome to the start of the 2019-20 track and field season. Welcome back our returning families and a special welcome to all of our new families for this season I hope that you all have an enjoyable season.
Tomorrow (Saturday 5th October) is the start of the season. Wantirna LAC will have the club table and banners up so we are easily identifiable for our new families. The club table will be manned from 8am for anyone needing information. We will also have some of our older athletes available to help any new families with what to do and where to go on the day.
2019 – 2020 Finalised Program can be download here 2019-20 programs
Over the past week our Team Manager, Janine Kearsley has emailed everyone with the updates for the start this season and whats expected on the first day of competition.
New Families and Athletes
To our new families, you will have received a separate email on Friday from Janine, explaining the process for the first day of competition.
The key points for new families are.
**Information for those that have registered and paid by midnight Thursday night**
- Janine will have a name patch/bib for your child at the Wantirna desk in the grandstand. This needs to be pinned to their top in order for them to be able to compete.
- You will need to supply proof of age in the form of a birth certificate or passport. This needs to be sighted by the Knox registrar or one of her helpers. To do this, you will need to line up at the tent near the grandstand.
- If you attended try out day, filled in a form and tried on a top, you will be able to collect this top from me at the team desk. If you didn’t try on a top, you will need to fill in a form and get your child measured up for a top.
**Information for those that have registered but not paid by midnight Thursday night**
- You will need to get a temporary patch in order for your child to compete tomorrow. It is highly likely that Janine will have this temporary patch with me at the club desk. Please head to the club desk first before lining up at the tent at the bottom of the grandstand.
- If your child enjoys the day and you plan on paying for your child during the week, please come and get measured for a Wantirna singlet top before you leave.
- You do not need to supply proof of age until you pay.
**Information for those that registered after midnight Thursday**
- You will need to get a temporary patch in order for your child to compete tomorrow. You will need to line up at the tent near the grandstand to do this.
- Please note that the queue at the tent near the grandstand will be long. Our advice is to get to the track early. The tent should be manned from 8am.
Information for our returning families and Athletes
- For our returning athletes if you registered and paid prior to Thursday, a patch/bib will be available from Janine at the club desk.
- If you are registered and have not paid, check with Janine as she may have a temporary patch for you.
- If have not yet register and want to compete tomorrow please head straight to the Knox LAC tent as you will need a temporary patch.
8.30am – Events will be called – Program A – Chiefs and those on duty please sign in by 8.15am.
10.00am – Opening Ceremony – Athletes will be asked to Marshall in their clubs at the 100m start and march down the straight. A number of presentations will occur and and official opening of the season.
10.45am – Events will resume – Athletes will return to their events
11.30am – Finish. The events should be finish no later than 12pm.
If anyone has any questions on the day regarding registration please see Janine or myself. We will be at the Wantirna Club table for the morning.
David Kearsley, President Wantirna LAC.